MTN is one of the largest network operators in the world, with a customer base of over 300 million people. It was founded in 1994 and operates in over 20 countries in Africa and the Middle East, including Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, and Uganda, with its headquarters in South Africa.
MTN provides a range of services, including mobile phone and internet services, including:
- Voice calls: MTN provides phone service that allows users to make and receive calls on their mobile phones.
- Text messaging: MTN also offers text messaging services, allowing users to send and receive text messages on their phones.
- Internet access: MTN provides mobile internet service, allowing users to access the internet on their phones or other devices through a mobile network connection.
- Data packages: MTN offers a range of data packages that allow users to purchase a set amount of data for use on their phones or other devices.
- Value-added services: MTN may also offer a variety of value-added services, such as ringtones, games, and other digital content that can be downloaded to a mobile phone or other devices.
In addition to its mobile network operations, the company also offers a range of other services, which include;
- Mobile voice and data services: MTN provides voice and data services to customers using its extensive network of mobile phone towers. Customers can choose from a variety of voice and data plans to suit their needs and budget.
- Broadband: MTN offers broadband services, including fixed line and mobile broadband, to customers in select countries. These services allow customers to connect to the internet at high speeds.
- Digital financial services: MTN has launched a range of digital financial services, including mobile banking and mobile money, in several countries. These services allow customers to access financial services using their mobile phones, including making payments, transferring money, and accessing loans.
- Enterprise solutions: MTN provides a range of enterprise solutions, including business broadband, virtual private networks, and cloud computing, to help businesses communicate and collaborate more efficiently.
- Digital TV: In select countries, MTN also offers digital TV services, allowing customers to access a range of TV channels and on-demand content.
How to check your data balance on MTN
There are several ways to check your MTN data balance:
- Dial *559*4# or *559# from your MTN phone and press the send or call button. Select the “Data Balance” option from the menu and your current data balance will be displayed on the screen.
- Send a text message with the word “balance” to 131. You will receive a text message with your current data balance.
- Download the MyMTN app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and install it on your phone. After installing the app, open it and log in using your MTN phone number and password. Your data balance will be displayed in the app.
- If you have a smartphone with internet access, you can also check your data balance by visiting the MTN website and logging in to your account.